There are currently no listings available.
Heat Stress Regulation
October 18, 2022
Crosby Shackle Recall
August 1, 2022
WISE Mentoring Program
August 22, 2021
- 60 Minutes on 35 Microseconds: Impulse Noise from Weapons Fire
- ANSI/ASSP Z244.1 The Control of Hazardous Energy Lockout, Tagout and Alternative Methods
- Choosing Safety Consulting as a Career
- ISO 45001 Implementation and Organizational Barriers to Success
- Keys to Energizing Safety
- Put Your Team’s Safety on Auto Pilot: Harness the Power of Habits to Protect Your People and Your Bottom Line
- Selling Safety to the Front-Line Employee
Chapter President’s Message
Thank you for taking time out of your day to visit the website for the Chesapeake Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals. Now that Halloween is in the rear-view mirror, many Americans are planning for the Thanksgiving holiday. Whether you enjoy a large family dinner, sitting on the sofa watching football all day, or scouring the aisles for those black Friday deals… most of us will likely have to travel at some point. In fact, the Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving sees more motorists on the roadways than any other day. With that said, here are some tips to keep you safe while traveling:
- Perform a vehicle maintenance check
- Pack a winter safety kit
- Avoid driving during peak times
- Make routine pit stops
- Get plenty of rest, prior to driving
- Allow ample time to reach your destination
- Have entertainment available to keep children occupied
In addition to high traffic on the roadways, Sunday after Thanksgiving is typically the busiest day at airports. Here are some air travel tips:
- Arrive at the airport at least 1.5 hours prior to domestic flights and 2 hours prior to international flights
- Travel on the day of the holiday to save a few bucks getting to your destination
- Consider an extended stay and travel back the Tuesday or Wednesday after the holiday to save even more
- Pack enough… but not too much
- Consider shipping holiday gifts, rather than packing them
- Be aware of the TSA requirements
- Register with TSA pre-check to save time at the terminal
The official start of winter is on the horizon. Before you know it, the holiday season will have come and gone. Don’t let the many benefits that ASSP has to offer pass you by! Regardless of the industry that you work in, ASSP has something for you. In addition, we are looking for assistance on one of our many committees. While many of our volunteers spend 8 or more hours per month, in their volunteer roles, many others spend less than 2 hours. Regardless of the commitment that you are able to make, your assistance is needed and appreciated. If you are interested in being more active in the chapter, please reach out to me directly. Thank for taking the time to visit the website for the Chesapeake Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals.
ASSP Chesapeake Chapter President
Welcome and thank you for taking the time to join us at ASSP Chesapeake Chapter. There are many great reasons to join our chapter such as sharing of technical knowledge, professional development opportunities and networking. These interactions help to provide guidance, techniques and solutions to help OSH professionals prevent injuries, improve work environments and educate management. Another advantage is the free subscription to the professional journal Professional Safety, which offers in depth articles on best practices, leadership, standards, policy and regulation. Membership also helps you tap into a powerful audience with ASSP Media Solutions and other means to develop professionally. Our chapter is 392 members strong and still growing!
The ASSP organization itself is the oldest and largest professional safety organization. With more than 37, 000 members worldwide, it is a global association of occupational safety, health and environmental professionals that advances the interests of its members and the profession.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions. Thanks again for taking the time to join us and we hope to see you again!